Welcome to Graduation Ceremony 2017, Tuesday 30 May, 13.00-16.30
Vice-Chancellor Hans Adolfsson invites all graduating students on the International Master programmes to celebrate your recent or upcoming graduation. The Vice-Chancellor will thank you for your time at Umeå University and personally hand over a Congratulatory Letter. The ceremony is followed by mingle and light refreshments.
Information about Graduation Ceremony 2017
- The ceremony is for graduating students at ALL international Master programmes at Umeå University, regardless faculty.
- This is an official occasion and a celebration, please wear your finest clothes. You are more than welcome to wear your national costume.
- The event includes congratulatory speeches, a get-together, photo opportunity, light refreshments and a chance to mingle.
- Location: Aula Nordica, Umeå University campus
Invitation and sign up
- Students registered on the final semester of their International Master programme at Umeå University will receive an invitation via e-mail in March 2017. The invitation contains a sign-up link.
- Last day to sign up is 19 May.
- If you haven't received an invitation email and think you should have, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yes, it is okay to attend even if you will not finish your studies exactly in June 2017.
- A place is reserved for each participant, which means that sign-up is binding.
- Note that your name on the Congratulatory Letter will be spelt EXACTLY as you spell it during sign-up. Please type carefully.
- The ceremony is intended to mark the end of your studies and the beginning of your time as alumnus/alumna. If you wish to you can sign up for the Alumni network already. We look forward to keep in touch even after your studies.
- Students from Science without Borders, programme coordinators, teachers and key actors in the sphere of internationalisation are also invitied to celebrate with us.
- Swedish students from International Master programmes are of course most welcome to join.
- You are most welcome to bring guests of your choice to the graduation ceremony. Choose how many guests to invite at the time you sign up. Note that there are a limited amount of spaces for guests. We reserve the right to limit the number of guests you can invite.
- Please note that if your guests require a visa in order to travel to Sweden, you ought to start the visa application process right away. Please read here about inviting friends and relatives. You can use the Invitation Letter to support the visa application. Contact the Swedish Migration Agency directly with any further questions.
Congratulatory scroll and diploma
- During the ceremony, each student receives a Congratulatory Scroll.
- After the Roll Call you can claim your personal Congratulatory Letter.
- Each student is personally congratulated on stage by Vice-Chancellor, Hans Adolfsson.
- Please note that the Congratulatory Letter you recieve is not a diploma. You can apply for a diploma once you have completed your courses and your thesis. For more information about applying for your academic degree, please see this link.
- This event is free of charge. However, please respect your commitment by signing up once the invitation is sent and letting us know if something prevents you from attending.
Monday 29 May - Visitors welcome event
In addition to Graduation Ceremony, the University is very happy to invite guests of your choice to Visitors Welcome Event on 29 May at 13.00. This is a separate event to welcome and introduce external guests to the university and the main campus.
Sign up for Visitors welcome event when you sign up for Graduation Ceremony.
There is a limited number of spaces. You and your guests are admitted in the order you sign up.
Costs: Free of charge.