Welcome to Graduation Ceremony 2017, Tuesday 30 May, 13.00-16.30
Vice-Chancellor Hans Adolfsson invites all graduating students on the International Master programmes to celebrate your recent or upcoming graduation. The Vice-Chancellor will thank you for your time at Umeå University and personally hand over a Congratulatory Letter. The ceremony is followed by mingle and light refreshments.
Information about Graduation Ceremony 2017
- The ceremony is for graduating students at ALL international Master programmes at Umeå University, regardless faculty.
- The event includes congratulatory speeches, a get-together, photo opportunity, light refreshments and a chance to mingle.
- Location: Aula Nordica, Umeå University campus
- Guests are most welcome to the ceremony. If you are a guest, read more here.
Invitation and sign up for graduating students
- Students registered on the final semester of their International Master programme at Umeå University, or their final Master's thesis course (in English), will receive an invitation via e-mail by the end of March 2017. The invitation contains a sign-up link.
- Last day to sign up is 19 May.
- If you are a graduating student and haven't received an invitation email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A place is reserved for each participant, which means that sign-up is binding.
- Note that your name on the Congratulatory Letter will be spelt EXACTLY as you spell it during sign-up. Please type carefully.
- Graduating students are most welcome to bring guests of their choice to the graduation ceremony. Choose how many guests to invite at the time you sign up. Note that there are a limited amount of spaces for guests. We reserve the right to limit the number of guests you can invite.
- Please note that if your guests require a visa in order to travel to Sweden, you ought to start the visa application process right away. Please read here about inviting friends and relatives. You can use the Invitation Letter to support the visa application. Contact the Swedish Migration Agency directly with any further questions.
- We will livestream the ceremony, so if you have friends or family who cannot attend, they still have the chance to see it.
- Programme coordinators, teachers and key actors in the sphere of internationalisation are also invitied to celebrate with us.
Congratulatory scroll, not a diploma
- Each student is personally congratulated on stage by Vice-Chancellor, Hans Adolfsson.
- During the ceremony, each student receives a Congratulatory Scroll.
- You can claim your personal Congratulatory Letter after the ceremony, during the mingle.
- Please note that the Congratulatory Letter you recieve is not a diploma. You can apply for a diploma once you have completed your courses and your thesis. For more information about applying for your academic degree, please see this link.
- This is an official occasion and a celebration, please wear your finest clothes. You are more than welcome to wear your national costume.
- This event is free of charge. However, please respect your commitment by signing up once the invitation is sent and letting us know if something prevents you from attending.